Are you interested in becoming more involved in your child’s educational experience? Would you like to meet other RHHS parents and learn firsthand from teachers and administrators what’s happening in your child’s school? Then the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is the place for you! We have a number of openings for the 2017-2018 school year, offering a variety of ways for you to learn more about the school while helping to make the best possible school experience for your student. We are still seeking volunteers for key positions:
Please contact Linda Thomsen at email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about any of the positions listed below.
- Recording Secretary: Attends monthly PTSA Board meetings. Takes minutes and distributes them to board members. Sends email reminders of monthly meeting to Board members. Maintains a list of Board members, including contact information. Places room reservation requests for all PTSA functions.
- eNewsletter: Sends weekly emails to PTSA board members requesting PTSA news. Compiles submissions and submits to the eNewsletter coordinator at RHHS for the “PTSA, Boosters & the Community” weekly electronic mailing (sent out to all families by the school.)
- Post Prom Party: Assembles a committee to work on the many aspects of planning the Post Prom Party. Plans, promotes and coordinates the Post Prom Party. Chooses and secures a venue for the party. Arranges for the entertainment, decorations, security, food and prizes for the party. Publicizes the party. Sells tickets to the event. Recruits parent volunteers. Conducts fund raising.
- HC DrugFree Liaison: Keeps up-to-date on HC DrugFree’s programs by receiving the organization’s e-newsletter and by communicating with the HC DrugFree Executive Director. Reports to the PTSA Board about HC DrugFree activities. Publicizes HC DrugFree news to the RHHS community. Coordinates HC DrugFree programs and presentations at RHHS. Distributes HC DrugFree magnets, leaflets and other literature to RHHS parents during Back-to-School Night and in conjunction with parent programs. Note: there is no need to attend any HC DrugFree meetings, although one phone call meeting with other high school liaisons and the HC DrugFree Executive Director usually takes place at the start of the school year.
- Parent Programs: Organizes programs of interest to parents. Arranges for use of school. Recruits volunteers as necessary for events. Publicizes events through the PTSA website and eNewsletter.