The RHHS PTSA needs you! Join PTSA to help make River Hill High School the best it can be! Memberships need to be renewed each year. Your RHHS PTSA membership includes membership in the Maryland/National PTA. Visit www.pta.org/benefits to view the many benefits of membership Renew your membership online or complete the membership form.
July 18-20, 2017 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) from 9-11 am
River Hill High School, Room 123
Learn: Essential tips and information for study skills, time management, communication with teachers, note-taking, and expectations in AP classes.
Open to all students planning to take Advanced Placement classes.
Taught by Callie Casper, an AP teacher at River Hill.
Course registration is $50. Order online here.
Are you interested in becoming more involved in your child’s educational experience? Would you like to meet other RHHS parents and learn firsthand from teachers and administrators what’s happening in your child’s school? Then the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is the place for you! We have a number of openings for the 2017-2018 school year, offering a variety of ways for you to learn more about the school while helping to make the best possible school experience for your student. We are still seeking volunteers for key positions:
Please contact Linda Thomsen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about any of the positions listed below.
- Recording Secretary: Attends monthly PTSA Board meetings. Takes minutes and distributes them to board members. Sends email reminders of monthly meeting to Board members. Maintains a list of Board members, including contact information. Places room reservation requests for all PTSA functions.
- eNewsletter: Sends weekly emails to PTSA board members requesting PTSA news. Compiles submissions and submits to the eNewsletter coordinator at RHHS for the “PTSA, Boosters & the Community” weekly electronic mailing (sent out to all families by the school.)
- Post Prom Party: Assembles a committee to work on the many aspects of planning the Post Prom Party. Plans, promotes and coordinates the Post Prom Party. Chooses and secures a venue for the party. Arranges for the entertainment, decorations, security, food and prizes for the party. Publicizes the party. Sells tickets to the event. Recruits parent volunteers. Conducts fund raising.
- HC DrugFree Liaison: Keeps up-to-date on HC DrugFree’s programs by receiving the organization’s e-newsletter and by communicating with the HC DrugFree Executive Director. Reports to the PTSA Board about HC DrugFree activities. Publicizes HC DrugFree news to the RHHS community. Coordinates HC DrugFree programs and presentations at RHHS. Distributes HC DrugFree magnets, leaflets and other literature to RHHS parents during Back-to-School Night and in conjunction with parent programs. Note: there is no need to attend any HC DrugFree meetings, although one phone call meeting with other high school liaisons and the HC DrugFree Executive Director usually takes place at the start of the school year.
- Parent Programs: Organizes programs of interest to parents. Arranges for use of school. Recruits volunteers as necessary for events. Publicizes events through the PTSA website and eNewsletter.
Important Information For P3 Attendees
- Doors open at 11pm. Check-in ends at 12am.
- Students can check out beginning at 1am. No re-entry after check-out.
- Bring photo ID (driver’s license, learner’s permit, or school ID).
- All attendees must pass through security screening. No liquids, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products are allowed in.
- No parking in the bus loop. This area is reserved for bus and limo drop-off and emergency responders only. Park in the main lot.
Event Schedule and Map
Hypnotist Show: 12:30am in the Auditorium
Paint Nite: 1:45am in the Art room
Human Hungry Hippo: ongoing in the Aux Gym
Derby Races: ongoing in the Main Gym
Frequently Asked Questions about P3:
How much does it cost and when is it?
$12 – This includes EVERYTHING – a T-shirt for the first 600 tickets sold, ALL the food you can eat, entertainment, and a chance to win AWESOME prizes. P3 immediately follows prom and runs from 11:00pm – 3:00 am at River Hill High School.
Am I allowed to come to P3 even if I don’t go to prom?
Yes!! – If you are a River Hill junior or senior, you are allowed to come to P3 without going to prom.
Do I change before I come?
Your choice. We will give you a bag for your formal clothes and keep it for you safely at Coat Check until you are ready to leave.
What can I win?
Over $2,500 in cash will be given away, including:
- 2 $500 River Hill senior prizes drawn at 3 am (automatically entered when you buy a P3 ticket)
- 2 $250 River Hill junior prizes drawn at 3 am (automatically entered when you buy a P3 ticket)
- $100 in cash given away every 15 minutes starting at 1:30am
- 3 drawings for $50 cash before 1 am
- 4 32” TVs
- 2 Apple watches
- Bluetooth speaker
- Wireless headphones
- And MANY MORE (including Chipotle, Chick-fil-A, Five Guys, AMC gift cards and many more, Orioles tickets, Earth Treks passes and MUCH, MUCH more!
You can win 2 regular prizes (one before 1 AM and one after 1 AM) and a grand prize.
CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LIST OF PRIZES!
EVERYBODY wins at the prize wheel: MORE CASH, gift cards, Maryland State flags, portable chargers.
Play in the casino or the games in the gym and win tickets to enter for 3 separate drawings of $50 Amazon gift card.
I am not very lucky. What are the chances I will win one of these prizes?
Your chances of winning these prizes are just as good as anybody else’s. Everybody leaves with something! Be sure to use your PRIZE WHEEL coupon to win a prize with a value ranging from $1 - $50.
Is P3 a lock-in?
P3 is not a lock-in. You can choose to leave any time after 1am, but cannot re-enter. You cannot win any raffle prizes once you check out.
Parents, please volunteer at P3 to help put on a fabulous event for our students! Help is needed in many areas like decorations set-up, bag screening, door monitors, casino dealers, and to run activities. Please click on this link and sign up for a slot. We really need your help for this event to run smoothly!
Check out this flyer describing P3.
The overall purpose of PTSA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Are you interested in becoming more involved in your child’s educational experience? Would you like to meet other RHHS parents and learn firsthand from teachers and administrators about what’s happening in your child’s school?
Then the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is the place for you! We have a number of openings for the 2017-2018 school year, offering a variety of ways for you to learn more about the school while helping to make the best possible school experience for your student.
The PTSA is seeking nominations for the 2017-2108 PTSA officers. Open positions include Vice President, Recording Secretary, Delegates to the PTA Council of Howard County, Post Prom Party (P3) Organizers, and more.
Please contact Linda Thomsen at email@example.com if you are interested in learning about what you can do.
The P3 Prizes Committee needs your support to be able to offer amazing prizes! We are in need of gift cards to restaurants or movies/bowling, game tickets (Os, Ravens, Nationals, minor leagues), concerts, golf, Six Flags, Hersheypark, skiing.... Any denomination is welcome - we give away $5 gift cards for the prize wheel so no donation is too small! Please contact our Prizes Co-Chair Janet Rohner at firstname.lastname@example.org.